I am a visual thinker and problem solver. As a practitioner in the experience strategy & design space, my specialty is digging deep into the needs of the client. By developing a full understanding of the goals, challenges and opportunities of the business, I lead teams to creative solutions that are results oriented, deliverable and effective, both in engaging the target user and providing value and relevance to broader company goals
I have been responsible for meaningful experience design projects and creative development across the spectrum.
- Publishing – Digital magazines and communities
- Advertising – display ads, agency & marketing sites, landing pages /microsites, client portals
- Healthcare – Pharma product websites and topic/community sites, online advertising and concept development,data visualization, desktop app UI & interaction design
- Consumer Product – Corporate Internet, Government Affairs collaboration extranet
- Financial – Insurance – 401(k), Global Property Casualty, Travel, Life. Public sites, client/individual service portals, intranets
- Educational Institutions – Brand messaging, logo design, site design and development
My goal is trying to find the “right” idea, either the one that just clicked, and suddenly everybody was on board, or the one that was hard to grasp but was clear in the research. The classic design toolkit: Discover, Imagine, Critique, Refine, Simplify process I was taught at the Art Center College of Design is a cyclical process that repeats at all phases of the project, from understanding of the initial conditions, developing a story that embraces, solves, and extends the potential vision, looking forward to establish a long term roadmap to an end-goal, mapping the steps to that goal, designing the user engagements, and testing and optimizing. This design methodology maps precisely to Design Thinking.
Most recently, I was CVP, User Experience Strategy & Design at the New York Life Insurance Company. Prior engagements have been Associate Director of Creative Services at AIG, design and UX consultant for Bayer Diabetes Care, Owner operator of interactive design boutique Maveric Interactive, Associate Creative Director at FCBi, Creative Director at the HomeArts Network, a Hearst New Media & Technology property .
Some of the brands I have worked for directly
I have a lot of people to thank for joining me to bring good things to life. Look for them in the project sections. Together, we have built some very nice things. Frequently, at the time they were built, they were right out there on the bleeding edge.